Department of Computer Science and Engineering
The M.Tech programme in Computer Science and Engineering imparts a breadth of advanced knowledge in various areas of computer science. The programme is designed such that a student can complete it based on advanced coursework alone. However, the students are given the option to concentrate on a problem by substituting some of the courses with equivalent project work.
Department of Computer Science and Engineering has started this PG Program in the year 2013. The program is approved by AICTE and is affiliated to Biju Pattnaik University of Technology (BPUT), Rourkela, Orissa. In the current scenario of various computing devices, the importance of efficient computing with resource optimization is becoming more and more relevant. The need for advancements in architecture and integrating computer hardware, software, algorithms, data management, simulation etc., is being increasingly felt. It is in this context this program assumes relevance.
The curriculum is aimed to give theoretical and hands on in the areas of Analysis and Design of Algorithm, Advanced Computer Architecture, Object Oriented System, Real-Time System, Computational Intelligence, Computer Graphics, Wireless Sensor Network, Software Engineering, Distributed Operating System, Distributed Database System, Compiler Construction, Simulation and Modeling, Mobile Computing, VLSI Design, Cryptograghy, Pattern Recognition, Embedded System, Data Mining and Data Warehousing, ERP, Digital Image Processing, Software Project Management.
Programme Education Outcomes for M.Tech CSE 2013 Scheme:
- Post Graduates will have enhanced analytical and computational skills to solve problems of the real world.
- Post Graduates will exhibit professional ethics and effective communication skills to perform in teams and will acquire leadership roles.
- Post Graduates will be effective leaders with technical expertise that drives innovation, communication and collaboration skills to inspire and guide interdisciplinary groups and adapt to constantly evolving technology.
- Post Graduates will continue to learn and apply research methodologies to solve challenging problems with social relevance for the growth of the nation with sustainable and inclusive technology.
The department is equipped with one leased line and one broadband Internet connectivity of 4 Mbps to facilitate the students and faculty members to cope with the highly demanding Internet era. The department also has two Hi-end IBM servers. The department of Computer Science & Engineering has conceived with Advanced Programming, Internet & Web Designing, Software, Database, Networking, Architecture and Multimedia labs.
- → Data Base/RDBMS Laboratories.
- → DAA Laboratories
- → CO Laboratories.
- → DCCN Laboratories.
- → Software Engineering Laboratories.
- → VLSI Laboratories.
- → Meta Computing Laboratories.
- → C/C++ Laboratories.
- → O.S Laboratories.